Monday 10 May 2010

General Election 2010

Bleary eyed and weary
Exhausted is more like it.
Why did I listen half the night?
Waiting to hear the result.
It has never been like this!


We are living in dangerous times;
The country deep in the mire,
Children dying on our streets,
Politicians fiddling expenses.
Greed, evy and a passion for power.

I woke this morning
And heard the news.
I am so confused.
Cameron has come in first
And yet he didn't win!

Clegg won the debate but
lost the election.
Brown just hangs on in there.
What now?
What happens next?

I remember words about
Brothers living in harmony.
I think about the meaning
Of unity.
Sharing and working together.

This is the time to unite.
This is the time to share.
This is the time to work together,
To build a government for the people,
To bow to a higher power.

Forget your pride,
Forget your differences
Stand shoulder to shoulder
Bring into being
A truly United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment